THE DDA today said it would construct 7,064 LIG and more than 1,000 HIG, MIG and other category flats. It also passed around 100 new schemes at a meeting today and made public features of its annual budget. The new schemes will cost around Rs 290.70 crore. DDA officials say each of these schemes will have a deadline and the Lt. Governor has said delays or lapses in projects or development works will not be tolerated. The officials added that the expenditure budget estimate for 2007-08 is Rs 3204.17 crore.
According to DDA officials, several other important decisions were also taken at the Authority meeting today. These include the new Penalty Relief Scheme which will provide relief to the allottees of DDA flats who have failed to deposit all installments on time. As per the relief scheme, those applicants who clear all the outstanding installments due to the DDA till the date of application and also clear the interest penalty will get 25 per cent relief. Another agenda approved was regarding an amendment to the Master Plan 2021 wherein inclusion of management professionals under professional activities was proposed. According to DDA officials, a proposal regarding constitution of a Board of Enquiry and Hearing as per Delhi Development Master Plan and Zonal Development Plan Rules was also discussed. As per the proposal, two to three boards instead of a single board could be set up to complete zonal plans. According to officials, the DDA is preparing 15 different zonal plans and a single board will take too much time to complete the task. Officials said a final decision will be taken only after assessing the provisions under the Act in this respect. DDA officials said the boards would be constituted with representation experts, well-known in the field of town planning and also non-official member of the Authority who are well-versed with ground realities. Features of the annual budget
* The receipts for 2007-08 have been projected at Rs 3950.05 crore. Expenditure for 2007-08 has been projected at Rs 3204.17 crore.
* Physical possession of 1829.72 acres of land was taken during 2006-07 compared to 3047.80 acres during 2005-06. Major land acquisition likely at Rohini, Dwarka, Narela.
* Rs 905.80 crore has been set aside for development of land. New schemes
* Construction of 7,064 LIG and over 1,000 HIG, MIG and other category flats. Around 5,000 of these houses are planned in Dwarka Phase-I and Phase-II while others are planned in Sagarpur, Siraspur, Matiala, Dabri and other areas.
* Construction of community centres in Dwarka’s Sector-17, Sector-6 and a sports complex and office complex in Sector 11.
* Developing a mini sports complex at CR Park and upgradation of the Saket and Siri Fort complexes.
* Construction of a community centre in Rohini Sector 16 and a toddler’s pool in Sector 13, Rohini.
* Construction of an express highway from NH-10 (Rohtak Road to Bakkarwala).
* Development of 300 bighas of land at Karkardooma’s Jagriti Enclave and construction of a community hall at Vasundhra Enclave. – ExpressIndia