POLICE- PUBLIC MEETING was held at GOKUL GARDEN , SEC-7 and a healthy discussion on law and order situation in DWARKA was the main topic of the evening. Dwarka City & Delhi Lions Club jointly organized the said meet. The President/ Gen.Secy. of different societies put some demand before the Additional DCP Mr.R.K.Verma, ACP-Mr.S.R.Yadav, S.H.O.-Mr.Tilak Raj Mongia and Additional S.H.O.-Mr.Anil Kumar.
On behalf of Dwarka Forum, Mr. Rejjimon forwarded a request which included the following points:
1) What is the BEAT CONSTABLE Job description? Are they to prevent crime in all means? If so what their deliverance, what is their supervisory officer accountability (hierarchy wise). If beat constables work along with over 1000 Private Guards approximately working in various CGHS/DDA pockets ( average 5 guards in 200 CGHS/DDA Pockets). These guards will add in strength of DP staffs. Dwarka will be safer and secure.
2) What is the role of DP in implementation of NO TOLERANCE ZONE ?
3) Are they enough PCR Vans and PCR bikes in Dwarka?
4) Effective implementation of Motor Vehicle Act by Traffic Police in letter and in spirit INSIDE Dwarka.
5 )There are a number of Police Chowkis in Dwarka, but they are not performing their responsibilities properly. Road side vendors, catering vans, redi walas are abundant around such chowkis. Police officials are supposed to remain alert and take preventive action. But, every time the local citizen is forced to make complaints to initiate action for the removal of wrongly parked vans and redi walas. Thereby the enmity grows between the person who makes complaint and the public. This needs to be avoided.
6 ) Installation of Signal light is urgently required at the crossing of sector 4, 5, 11 & 12 where the second commercial center is coming up and a temple is also present there. Heavy traffic jam at nights is a regular feature at this crossing and accidents are also no rare.
7) Plot No 6, Sec 10 Dwarka is vacant, probably belongs to YWCA. The plot is a den of prostitution even in the daytime . Round the clock the trade is on full blast. It is a public nuisance.
8) Young generation are adversely affected due to easy acess to ever increasing wine shops.
–Parking problem at various markets in dwarka
– Requirement of more Traffic Police
– Implementation of Online computerised Police Complaints system
– Path to metro station from various sectors not safe due to long bushes, darkness
– The screening & training of security guards at societies should be made mandatory
* General problems, issues & hardship faced by Dwarka residents
Dwarka Forum members:-
Mr. Rejimon, Mr.R.K. Atri, Mr.Ashok Chaitnya, Mr.M.K.Gupta, Mr.Pradeep Ivon, Mr.Sunil Sareen, Mr.Anil Nayal, Mr.H.D.Goyal, Mr.Sushil Kumar, Mr.Kamal Goyal, Mr.Vineet Aggarwal, Mr. Anand, Mr. S.P.Rai, Mr.S.SYadav, Mr.Ved Pandey, Mr. Venkatesh, Mr. P.Menon, Mr. Mahesh Tak, Ashim Chakravarti………many more….
The representatives from Delhi Police, equally tried to give the reply of the questions asked from the public. Even, Addl. D.C.P. Mr. Verma informed that one more Police Station will be coming up between Dwarka & Dabri. He said that all the formalities have been completed, it’ll located around Palam very soon. In the end, Mr. Ram Karan Solanki, MR. Mukesh Sinha & Mrs. Sudha Sinha thanked everyone who attended the meeting.
Source: Dwarka Parichay News & information services