We have discussed a lot about better DTC services in Dwarka in our Dwarka Forum :
Please add/ suggest more points.Some of the comments/ suggestions by members are:
*The low floor AC bus would be ideal for Dwarka.
* Connecting service with Metro Station with Domestic/ International Airport.
* There must be more/ new connecting service from Dwarka towards Delhi ( please comment on priority )- Nehru Place-Vasant Kunj-Bikaji Cama Place
* Nazafgarh – Dwarka – Nehru Place route require proper planning/ strategy.
As we have only one bus route for Nehru Place ie. 764 which over crowded all the times. Even though the frequency of route no 764 is 5-10 min in office hour, it is very difficult to get into the bus. Sometimes wait for 3-4 overcrowded buses to pass to just get in. DTC official should see these buses in office hours to get concrete solutions. They can easily observe the pathetic condition of commuters.
-cut short the route to Dwarka- NP or Dwarka-IIT or Dwarka- BCPfor some buses.
-more DTC buses in office hours
-Some chartered/ RTV buses charge Rs25/- for Dwaka-NP route.so DTC can run A/C buses @Rs 15/– and can earn big profits.
* Option for a private transportation service, funded solely bycommercial property owners/ NGO etc.. In Dwarka there are thousands of property dealers, they can easily contribute and support this System. Check for the feasibility.
*We can have battery operated RTVs in circular routes.can have monthly/ yearly subscription passes…
* There is a requirement of Mini Mudrika/ CIRCULAR SERVICE type feeder service linking all the Sectors or closer to them for connectivity to Shopping complexes/ Metro stations etc.
?-Say starting from Sector 1 going towards Sect 4/5 then on to Sect 14 /coming towards 13,12,11,19,18 ,22,23,9,10,6/7 etc.
?- Say starting from Sector 22 (last Metro station) going towards sec-9 through bharat vandana park, To sec-6-10 market through shiksha Bharti school, right to main road, left towards aashirwad chowk, — back through nearby metro rail route —
Please suggest a better route – If our designer members can design an internal route map within Dwarka
You can refer the link for detailed discussion
var so = new SWFObject(“http://www.addpoll.com/flashPoll.swf”, “flashpolls”, “300”, “300”, “9”);