Ref No. PS/RTI/Rly/Accident/152/2010 Dated. 16 .05.10
The Executive Director/(PG),
Public Information Officer,
Room No.471, 4th Floor,
Railway Board, New Delhi
Subject :- Request for supply of information under right to Information Act 2005 (RTI) – reg
Today i.e. on 16.05.2010, most of the TV channels are flashing news regarding tragedy of killing of 2 persons injury of 40 persons due to sudden sudden announcement of the platform shifting of Bihar Sampark kranti train from platform 12 to 13(copy enclosed ):
I, being a citizen of India , request to supply the following information in respect of above accident under Right to Information Act 2005 (RTI) :-
1. Please intimate the schedule time of arrival of Bihar Sampark Kranti Train and also intimate actual time of arrival of Bihar Sampark Kranti Train on 16.05.2010 at Delhi .
2. Intimate the name and designation of the officer who initially order/decided to place the Bihar Sampark Kranti Train on Platform No.12. Arrange to supply the copy of orders.
3. Intimate the name and designation of the Officer who later-on decided to place the Bihar Sampark Kranti Train on platform No.13. Arrange to supply the copy of the orders
4. Supply the reasons for shifting train from Platform No. 12 to 13 and also intimate the name and designation of all the officers who approved this proposal.
5. Intimate the train which was planned for Platform No.12 instead of Bihar Sampark Kranti Train. Also intimate the reasons for planning this train at No.12
6. Intimate name of the officer who was suppose to make announcements regarding arrival of train and who was suppose to keep the passengers updating regarding platform numbers were the Sampark Kranti train was to come.
7. Intimate which Platform No. was announced to the Public by the Railway in respect of arrival of Sampark Kranti Train.
8. Intimate which Platform No. was displaced to the Public in respect of arrival of Sampark Kranti Train.
9. Intimate the necessary steps required to be taken as per norms while shifting train from one platform to another platform. Also intimate whether these steps were taken in the instant case.
10. Supply the reasons for occurrence of such tragedy.
11. Supply the name and designation of all the officer due to whose negligence such tragedy/accident have occurred.
12. Intimate the adequate steps which the railway have now decided to be taken to prevent occurrence of such accidents in future.
13. Intimate whether any enquiry have been ordered for above accident. Intimate the name and designation of the officer who will conduct the enquiry.
14. Supply the attested copy of enquiry report in respect of above accident.
15. Supply the name and address of the persons killed in above accident.
16. Supply the name and address of the persons who were injured in above accident.
17. Supply the detail of hospital were injured were hospitalized.
18. I may be allowed to Inspect documents/records/files/register/Computers in respect above information as provided under Section 2(j) (i) of the RTI Act, 2005. I would be taking Photographs with my camera of some documents/record during inspection.
The requisite Inspection Fee as prescribed under the RTI Act, 2005 will be paid on the Inspection day. You are requested to intimate me 2/3 different dates of the next week for inspection. List of the files, register, record which would be made available for inspection may please be intimated in advance on my email address .
19. RTI Fees :-Application Fee of Rs.10/- is enclosed vide Postal Order No ………………….. ………………… for Rs………..