What is a Kriya?
Kriyas are an involuntary physical and mental purification movements and reactions resulted from elevated spiritual consciousness. Seekers frequently experience kriyas during their spiritual practices. A disciple coming in contact with his Guru may feel a sudden uplift of spiritual emotions and ecstasy manifested by uncontrolled physical and mental movements or reactions known as kriyas.
Characteristics of Kriya:
- The aura of a Guru has tremendous vibratory energy, whenever a disciple sits within the range of the Guru auric field, his own auric field vibration is lifted to higher dimension and he feels elevated spiritual consciousness.
- In order to higher energy to flow though our channels we need enlarged and unobstructed nadis. The elevated consciousness felt in the presence of the Guru releases the personal energy blocks necessary for inner purification.
- The expansion of energy field and clearing of inner impurities may take place on many levels like physically, mentally, psychologically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Whenever this elevated energy comes up against inner blockages of a disciple, produces kriyas in him. The inner impurities or blockages may be in the form of illness, emotional traumas, narrow or negative belief and attitudes, psycho-spiritual debris from past lives karmas and psychic influences from astral and invisible dimensions.
- Sometimes the disciple imitates a variety of animal sounds and movements which represents his previous births habitual patterns.
Manifestation of kriyas:
Sensation in spinal cord, tingling in body, giddiness or heaviness in head, clapping, uncoordinated movements of hands, rapid movement of head, swinging from one side to other, high vibration in the body, dancing, singing, physical contortions, suspension of breath, abdomen can get flat and drawn inward, the chin may press against the lower hollow of the neck in the front, burning sensation in body sometimes the hands, feet and body will move to from certain dance patterns or yogic asana or postures which the disciple have never done before. Sometimes the disciple may act as a trained gymnast and makes rare hands posture or mudras.
In mental Kriyas different past lives patterns and imprints may surface on the consciousness and the seeker may feel the emotions of joy, sorrow, pain, and trance, he may feel prana or subtle energy flowing in the brain, feeling of extreme weightlessness or levitation, seeing lights and smelling sweet fragrances.
Laughing or weeping with extreme joy, stupor [marginal consciousness], perspiration, horripilation [bristling of body hair], choking of voice, trembling, paleness of complexion, tears and loss of consciousness are some common signs of emotional kriyas felt by a disciple in the presence of the Guru. The disciple may automatically chant mantra or sing devotional songs in the front of their Guru,
In the presence of Guru the devotee may feel elevated level of spiritual advancement and filled with spiritual fervour. Devotion, concentration, renunciation and feeling of super consciousness are common experiences, experienced in the presence of the Guru. Some devotee can see saints, divine entities and celestial bodies like stars, sun and moon in the presence of their Guru. Some disciple may automatically get answers of their spiritual quarries in the front of Guru in the mysterious ways.
Benefits of kriyas:
- Kriyas balances the body, mind and senses by removing the impurities, deficiencies and weaknesses.
- The kriyas which are visible as uncontrolled body movements may signify a great inner healing process. We are not aware of our inner blockages but the kriyas work constantly to dissolve these blockages.
- Physical kriyas washes out the carbon dioxide from the blood, reactivate the brain cells, clean the air channels and stimulate the abdominal organs.
- Kriyas redistribute the unbalanced energy of the aura created by malfunctioning chakras.
- People having angry, depressed and worried attitude may feel sharp pain in solar plexus area, nausea and heavy weight being felt on chest or a sudden sensation of being punched in the stomach.
- Different mudras as kriyas pacify and sooth the heart chakra.
- Many kriyas can dissolve the negativity of this and past lives karmas.
- Kriyas are simply the tools of mysterious and amazing transformation of consciousness.