To Shri. Robin Hibu, IPS
Please re-call, I had met you last month for a video making for International Human Rights Day wherein we had raised up the issue of NE People through a video in presence of many International Human Rights Activists viz Ms. Kamla Bhasin, Ms. Shanam Hashmi and Ms. Jagmati Sagwan and many others.
In the instant case, a 15 years old girl has been kidnapped from Village Pochanpur, Sector 23 Dwarka. An FIR was registered u/s 363 on 7th January 2015 at Sector 23 Dwarka Police Station. IO is SI P R Hooda.
The accused is very well known to the victim and her family. Both the parties are neighbours and live in the same building on rent in Village Pochanpur. The victim’s family survives on daily wages while the accused family is into Construction Contractor’s business. The accused family has built up pressure on the police and have reportedly bribed the IO.
The victim had called her family in between and informed that she is in NOIDA and she also requested her family to withdraw the police complaint. This clearly indicates that the accused family is in touch with the accused.
The IO has been rude enough to turn a deaf ear to all requests by the victim’s family and has been asking them to search for the girl themselves.
The IO also says that the girl has gone away WILLINGLY with the accused. It is important to note that the girl is hardly 15 years old and can not give her consent as per the law.
I had personally talked to the SHO few days back and I was assured that all possible action will be taken but nothing has moved on ground.
Few Important Points:
1) Its been 10 days since a Minor Girl was kidnapped and FIR was registered, why has no action been taken in the issue? Is this the sensitivity of Delhi Police towards Safety of Women?
2) On what ground does the IO say that the girl has gone willingly with the accused? Does the IO amend the law of the land himself? According to the IO, what the legal age for giving Consent? And if the girl has gone willingly then why an FIR was registered u/s 363 IPC?
3) The entire family of the accused is living at the same address as the Victim and her family. Why has police not made any efforts to trace the accused through his family? Has the IO gone through the calls details of the Accused family? If not, why?
4) How much money has the IO taken from the family of the Accused for not acting in the matter? If no money has been taken, can the IO explain his inaction and reason for asking the victim’s family to trace their daughter themselves?
5) If any untoward incidents happens with the kidnapped girl during this time period that she stays with the accused, will the IO plead guilty of the same in the Court of law? Will the concerned SHO plead guilty for the same?
A copy of this mail is being sent to all concerned officials of Delhi Police, Ministry of Home Affairs and Media.
Further to this, the Victim’s family will be left with no option but to move a Habeas corpus Writ petition.
Founder President: Ek Sangharsh (Regd. NGO)