Goonj (http://www.goonj.org/ ) would like to thank you for your overwhelming response, contribution and generous support for the material collection camp held on 12th December 2010 (Sunday) at Infront of Venkateshwar International School, Sector-10, Dwarka. Material of one container (Full size truck) + one Tata 407 Truck was collected during the camp. All sections of society including school children, Engineering college students, senior citizen etc. contributed material and participated actively in the collection camp. Some kids contributed their pocket money for the noble cause.
Vastra- Samman- A nationwide movement highlighting cloth as a basic need and a mark of dignity
Cloth for Work – Villagers get clothes as motivation for initiating development activities in their own area.
School to School- Sensitising urban schools to the educational needs of their counterparts in remote village schools.Channelising school material from one end to the other by building a long term relationship among them.
Not Just a piece of cloth- Turning old cotton cloth into sanitary napkins for women in slums and villages.
Rahat– Reaching relief and supporting victims of natural and manmade disasters.
Recycling: a step ahead – Making notebooks, school bags, skipping ropes, balls, sitting mats, bottle bags etc. from waste paper, cloth & audio tapes.
* May’10: GOONJ wins Innovation for India Award
* March’10: GOONJ wins Jamnalal Bajaj CFBP Award for ‘Fair Practices’
* Oct’09: ‘Cloth for Work’ wins Lien i3 Challenge Award
* June’09: ‘Not just a piece of cloth’ wins Changemakers Innovation Award
* March’09: CNN IBN’s ‘Real Heros’ Award to Mr. Anshu Gupta in women welfare segment.
* March’08: GOONJ won the prestigious ‘India NGO of the year’ Award. In a nationwide search & selection by Resource Alliance.
* May’07: GOONJ’s sanitary napkin project ‘Not just a piece of cloth’ wins World Bank’s Global Development Market Place Award. Out of 2900 entries from across the globe, only 22 projects won the award.
* July’07: GOONJ’s first initiative “VASTRA-SAMMAN” recognized as one of ‘The Good Practices’ in Dubai International Awards.
* 2006: Won the prestigious Changemakers Innovation Award, the second time, for our disaster relief initiative ‘RAHAT’.
* 2004: Prestigious Ashoka Fellowship to Anshu Gupta, for his innovative idea & its mass social impact.
* 2004: GOONJ wins Changemakers Innovation Award for its “SCHOOL to SCHOOL” initiative, addressing the educational needs of resource starved village schools by forging a long term relationship between urban & rural schools.
Arvind Agrawal/ Anjali Agrawal