International Yoga E-Conclave was inaugurated in a virtual congregation by Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji, President, Parmarth Niketan, Pujya Swami Govinddev Giriji Maharaj & Pujya Shri Shri 1008 Acharya Mahamandaleshwar Swami Kailashanand Giri ji, of Shri Panchayati Niranjani Akhada
The three days International Yoga E-Conclave has been organized jointly by National Youth Foundation, Youth News.Online, Parmarth Niketan Ashram and Indian Yoga Association.
First Day of the Event can be viewed live at: https://www.facebook.com/ParmarthNiketan/videos/2817957045121603
The three day International Yoga E-Conclave presented by the National Youth Foundation, Youth News.Online, Parmarth Niketan and Indian Yoga Association was inaugurated by Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswatiji – Muniji, Pujya Swami Govind Giriji and Pujya Shri Shri 1008 Acharya Mahamandaleshwar Swami Kailashanand Giri ji and other eminent leaders.Over the course of three days from 28-30th May, Faith leaders, Health experts, Yoga instructors, Mental health practitioners and fitness enthusiasts will gather to offer insights into the transformative practice of Yoga – from Asana and Pranayama to Meditation and Ayurveda, all designed to deepen the understanding of Yoga especially on staying healthy at home during these times of pandemic!
Three-days International Yoga E-Conclave is being organized online, where Parmarth Niketan, Rishikesh, Youth News Online, Indian Yoga Association and National Youth Foundation collaborated to find solutions to various problems and in which the divine guidance and blessings of world renowned Yogacharya and revered saints will be received.
On the inauguration of the International Yoga e-conclave, Pujya Swami Chidanand Saraswati, President of Parmarth Niketan said, “It is very important for all of us to be ready to face the second wave of the pandemic with discipline and patience. The world is changing rapidly, the catastrophe of Kedarnath in Uttarakhand, the havoc of Corona, Tauktae and Yaas storm, many such challenges are in front of us. Along with the government, we all also have a national duty and responsibility to meet all these challenges together.”
He added, “Covid-19 has produced a psychological pressure on the mind and brain. All over the world, stress, anxiety, fear, frustration, boredom with life, etc. have given rise to many psychosocial challenges, at the same time, recession and unemployment have also increased, so a path of Yoga, Pranayama and Meditation is the need of the hour! Universal education of Yoga, Meditation and Pranayama is very crucial for India and the world.”
He emphasized, “At this time both immunity and humanity must be protected. We can not merely speak about boosting our immunity without protecting our humanity and our community. We must come together for this and yoga is the answer. Yoga is not merely a set of exercises but its a way of life. Yoga is for all!”
Pujya Swami Ji said that today is World Digestive Health Day and this year’s its theme is ‘Obesity an ongoing epidemic’. For the last 15-16 months, children are locked inside homes. Their physical activities and sports have almost ceased thus obesity is increasing due to these changed food habits and hence adopting Yoga is crucial to staying healthy and fit.
Pujya Swami Govind Dev Giri Ji Maharaj Ji, treasurer of Ram Janmabhoomi Tirth Trust, said ‘ योगः कर्मसु कौशलम् ‘ means ‘Performing Karma efficiently’ is Yoga. Doing deeds efficiently without doing harm to others is a yogic life. Yoga teaches us to become Yogastha before performing Karma. He called upon the youth to disseminate this knowledge of Yoga to the world community because this is the only sure means through which we can attain perfect health and longevity. He shared that Indians have lived healthy life for hundred years in the past without any modern system of medicine.
Pujya Swami Kailashananda Giri ji said that the organisers of this E-CONCLAVE have tried to create awareness amongst the masses about various principles and practices of Yoga in Indian spiritual tradition. He said Yoga practices and Pranayama are the only ways to cure the modern maladies of mankind, and Yoga is not a religion of form of worship. It is a scientific process of strengthening the body, mind and soul.
The founder of Sarva Yoga International Italy, Dr. Antonietta Rosie, said that yoga is an invaluable gift of India. My experience of thirty years is that yoga changes the whole thought of man. The sooner the yogic way of life is adopted, the better.
Himanshu Pandey, Editor-in-Chief Youth News. Moderator and host Mr. Tanuj Narain very efficiently operated the International Yoga E-Conclave. Many national and international organizations such as The Art of Living have come together for this three-day Yoga E-Conclave.
Others speakers and dignitaries of the three day Yoga Event include:
- Dr HR Nagendraji, President, Indian Yoga Association, Chancellor of SVASYA
- Pujya Sadhvi Bhagawati Saraswatiji, Secretary General, Global Interfaith WASH Alliance
- Dr Ishwar Basavaraddiji, Director, Morariji Desai National Yoga Institution
- Dr Subodh Tiwariji, CEO, Kaivalayadam Yoga Institute, Vice President of Indian Yoga Association
- Ananda Balayogi Bhavanani, MD (AM), MBBS, Chairman of the International Centre for Yoga Education and Research at Ananda Ashram, Pondicherry
- Mr. Edvin Stern, Co-Founder of Ashtang Yoga who spoke on “The Essence of Yoga”;
- Carlos G. Chiarotto, Yoga Acharya, Director of the Center of Yoga Sadhana of Neuquén Argentina, spoke on “The Essence of Yoga”;
- Swami Vidyanand ji, Founder President, Yoga Alliance International, World Yoga Federation, and Meditation Alliance International, spoke on “Transformational Yoga and Meditation in Todays Scenario”;
- Dr. Anotnietta Rozzie, Founder of Sarva Yoga International, who spoke on “Yoga and Meditation”;
- Ms. Valentina Cortini, the Executive Director, The Spiritual Council in Africa, the Center for Inner Studies and Healing, who spoke on “How to heal yourself?”;
- Gaurav Prakash, the proprietor of Universal Books Lucknow, who spoke on the “Direction of youth in modern times”,
- Dr. Shakti Kumar Pandey, Director of Sanmargtraining.com, who spoke on “Practical Aspects of Yoga”.
- and so many others
Special bhajans and music during the inaugural session was provided by Sneha Arora, Indian Classical and Bhakti Singer, who also represented The Yoga Institute UAE.