Rejimon C. K.Dwarka Forum
1. Beat Constable – Accountability:
A Beat Constable is the Public Face of Delhi Police and the 1st contact points for Public as well as Violators. Currently if you ask Beat constable what is his duties and objectives or task. He/she will have no clue. There must be clear direction in WRITTEN the list of responsibility for the beat constable and in the failure to adhere the listed accountable departmental action. For example: A beat constable still have no clue whether he have power to remove an encroachment on public area/land at first instance.
- Beat Boxes and Security Posts:A large number of Police Beat Box and Security Box were removed in the past due to reason both valid and some cases invalid. These Boxes or Posts are need of the hour. A security check staff posted at entry/exit points of PS boundary or Bandhabast position need shelter to give protection from weather conditions. While deciding its design the sample used in CWG may be considered which is glass so that no anti social elements misuse or even staffs not use it as sleeping shelter or drinking and other purpose etc.
- CCTV: A large number of CCTV installed during CWG which are to be equally distributed to various Police Stations and install at all vital ENTRY & EXIST and Markets.
- Police Reform : The Police Reform and Delhi Police Amendment Bill need speedy implementation.
- Police Pubic Relationship Officer: Dwarka Forum have been demanding for PPRO for Dwarka. We would request CP consider this at the earliest.
- Scrap and beautification of PS: A large number of SCAP/ Old vehicles and items. Take example of not far from Police HQ, the IP Police Station old unusable vehicles kept and with shabby look on main road below the IP Flyover. The situation is worst in other PS. A policy be put in place to discard such useless and space occupying articles.
- Display of Boards at the Exit gate of all PS about important contact Nos: All the police station EXIT Gate promptly display the Contact No/Email/Fax/Mobile No of all Senior officials hierarchy wise including a special post at CP Office to handle grievance of unsatisfied citizen coming out from PS without getting his complaint registered or Harassment or Corruption etc.
- Modernisation of PS with Computer Networks, Emails, Scan all documents etc. All Police Stations must be on the Email network and the same be listed through DTP Website and also lodging suggestion/complaint by public through a prescribed Web form goes online to respective PS and copy to concerned ACP/DCP and Central Monitoring unit. All the documents of the PS must be scanned and preserved within months. For this heavy duty scanners must be procured or private contractor be asked to scan at PS premise for each Police District. All Police stations be connected via Web Cam or Video Conference to enable CP/Jt CP/DCP to communicate with respective SHO/ACP at any given point time or even group conference.
- Monthly meeting visit with RWA : The Jt. CP/DCP/ ACP/SHO should have monthly meeting in their respective areas of operations and At least every quarter the CP may invite RWA/MTA etc for a meeting for interaction for feedback and improving relation and working.
- Miscallaneous expernses for Beat/Check Post staffs for Tea/Biscuits and other refreshments: The lower division staffs of DP who are posted at remote Check posts and Bandbast have no facilities such as Tea/Coffee/Biscuits etc for refreshment during night and other time. A suitable budget may incorporated in this aspect for such staffs who are on duty outside PS & not near Markets.
- Canteen Facilities for all PS with over 50 staff: All the Police stations need a Canteen as the duty hours are longer and many times lead UNSCHEDULE diet resulting health for the forces. To avoid this and facility and motivate all Police Stations be allowed to run a canteen in its complex either by some private individuals or petty criminals who were counselled and changed to good paths.
- Wearing of Identity Card on duty be made Mandatory for all staffs: During the CWG it was found most of the staffs wearing the ID card. The same habits are not found now. These ID cards are very important as there were many instant duplicating Police, it also give citizen to identify the person and verify credentials.
- Anti Corruption Initiatives: There are clear provision stipulated in various rules/acts etc. Some are CCS Conduct Rule 18 which ask for Annual Assets and Transaction. This must be strictly adhered by Delhi Police. Also as per CVC Guide lines no staff should be in one post more then 3 years if that post is sensitive more then 70% posts are sensitive in DP. Vigilance enquiry be separated from normal police station/senior officials office. The outcome of Vigilance complaint must be shared with complainant to reinstate confidence in Delhi Police. Any DP staff found Corrupt must be put under doubtful integrity list and suitable action announced through website/media. A special squad(Flying Squad) be constituted and act/pretend as citizen (in civil dress) before doubtful integrity staffs and record the entire event using spy cam and take necessary step against the staffs by putting note personal files/ACR including warning and if serious taken departmental action. The FEAR of CAUGHT must also be in Delhi Police Staff in corruption.