Sri Venkateshwar International School, Dwarka, participated in the “One Nation Reading Together Program” on 27th November 2015. One Nation Reading Together is an annual event organized by Scholastic India, where children in schools across the country spend 30 minutes on the designated day to celebrate reading as a pleasurable and enriching experience.
Students read the pledge specially written for reading by Sudha Murthy and celebrated reading as a pleasurable and enjoyable activity for 30 minutes along with the staff.
· Tale with a Twist wherein they created a new story that share a familiar fairy tale from a new perspective.
· Biography Project in which Students wrote their own biography.
· Fairy Tale: The Sequel in which Students represented their fantasy thoughts through writing a sequel to the classic story.
· Students prepared really beautiful Bookmarks enthusiastically.
· Book Cover Designing – The students designed book covers for their favourite books.
· Storytelling – Another interesting session that young SVIS kids displayed was the storytelling. With the help of puppets and props students narrated the story to their peer groups.
· Character Dramatisation – Characters from famous series were enacted by the students. This role play activity really helped them to showcase their attachment and involvement with the character.