In a bid to effect improvement in the area, Dwarka in general and sector 7 in particular a meeting was organized by ANHLGT on 23RD December, 2016 with the Asstt.Commissioner, Mr.Nagesh Kumar and others MCD officials and the residents of Dwarka Sector7,6,5 and at 1100 hrs at Air Force and Naval Society.
1. Garbage is not being removed daily. It facilitates the rag pickers to fiddle with the bags resulting in littering of the area
2. Approach from Sarvodaya Aptts. to Krishna Kunj remains dirty and full of filth.
3. Absence of streetlights causes security hazard and a probable place for unwanted activities.
4. At some places garbage is being burnt which pollutes the environment.
5. Sector-6 weekly market of vegetables leaves the area littered after the Mandy is over.
6. The supervisor collects money illegally from the vendors.
7. But the area is not cleaned.
8. Florists in sector seven removed bricks from the pavement and constructed platform for their own use.
9. Four gaping open Manholes in front of Air Force and Naval CGHS are a great security hazard.
10. Disposal of cuttings from the hedges is difficult.
11. Litter from the liquor shop keeps flying in the area.
Garbage to be disposed daily before 1300hrs.
Bins to be placed outside societies.
Size of the bins to be in proportion to the size of the society.
Some App to be developed where picture of the scene could be sent.
Hedge cutting leftovers to be picked up by Horticulture deptt. for which days could be fixed for removal.
Liquor shop menace to be controlled.
Burning of garbage should call for strict penalty.
The Asset. Commissoner, Mr.Nagesh Kumar assured of looking into the problems and get back to ANHLGT after working out the solutions.
The meeting concluded with a vote of thanks given by Wg.Cdr.(Retd) KGR.Menon.