N.K.Bagrodia Public School, Dwarka is not just not laying bench marks in the field of academics, but it, on a very regular basis, encourage students to learn about safety at the time of any disaster. Various Drills are organized in school throughout the calendar every year to impart students this knowledge. The drills are conducted under Fire Safety Incharge Mr. Sujit Kumar. He along with other teachers and students on duty ensures that all drills gets over safely and more importantly on time. Students are given lessons by the class teachers about safe evacuation and immediate action plan during any disaster. Class IX and X are taught Disaster Management through various innovative projects on a regular basis as well. Mitigation strategies are also taught to them.
N.K.Bagrodia Public School also organises Disaster Risk Reduction poster making competition in the school on a regular basis to impart the students of all standards the importance of these drills. Regular lessons are imparted to students of all standards to train them of the mitigate strategies.
While conducting the fire safety drills the following points are always ensured by the school:
– Assembling of students at the designated place with proper rows embarked class-wise. No confusion and mix-up and taking of proper roll call of all students.
– Teachers doing the head count of students.
– Coming out of students in proper line without much noise.
– Co-ordination of Staff Member for the smooth functioning of the drill.
– Evacuation of building in short reasonable time avoiding lethargy and lack of sense of participation.
– Following Standard Operating Procedure for safe evacuation.