A delegation of DWARKA FORUM (‘DF’) consisting of Ms Madhuri Varshney-President, Shri Arvinder Singh Chhatwal – Vice President, Shri P Menon- Treasurer, Shri P. B. Mishra – Joint Secretary, Ms. Swarna Latha- Member, had a meeting with Dr. Puneet Kumar Goel, Commissioner, South Delhi Municipal Corporation in his Office. Ms Garima Gupta, Deputy Commissioner (Najafgarh Zone) and other Senior Officers were also present.
DF raised their concern regarding sanitation situation in Dwarka, which is getting worse day-by-day and discussed the following issues – Solid Waste Management, Public Toilets, Health (particularly Dengue & Chikungunya epidemic) etc. The members briefed the problem areas and suggested solutions.
DF briefed about the poor sanitary conditions in the entire Dwarka Sub City and requested for such regular meetings. It was also brought to knowledge about the Market Plot of Sector -8, Dwarka occupied by SDMC for more than ten years etc.
All matters were discussed at length. After detailed discussions, the following decisions were taken by Commissioner, SDMC:
1. 2 nos. of blue bins will be provided to every society. MCD will provide the list of societies where bins are delivered.
2. SDMC has placed new order for 200 green bins for next round of distribution.
3. SDMC has sanctioned a total of 200 nos. of rotating bins to be placed on roadside/ market/ bus stands. DF will be providing the list where these will be placed/ mounted.
4. WhatsApp Group – On the Direction of the Commissioner a WhatsApp group has been to get daily update on sanitation.
5. Awareness on waste segregation will be done though Adv in Daily Newspaper.
6. The Commissioner confirmed that – Rickshaw with dual bin for segregated waste is available and can be obtained from MCD on demand.
7. Kitchen Composting – The Commissioner confirmed that SDMC will fund the pilot project for composting.
8. List of safai karamchari beat wise and route map of trucks for garbage collection will be provided to DF at the earliest.