Dr KK Aggarwal
Padma Shri and Dr B C Roy National Awardee
President, Heart Care Foundation of India
1. Say Hello and not “yes” when calling or answering calls. Its hard and rude.
2. Always put the phone gently if you need to put the telephone down during the conversation. Also hang up gently. Never slam the phone. The person at the other end may still be on the phone and sudden bang can be hurtful as well as rude.
3. Make sure the number is correct so as not to risk disturbing strangers.
4. Make your call with busy people as brief as possible.
5. When calling people who do not recognize your voice, introduce yourself.
7. Make business calls well before the close of the office hours.
8. After dialing a wrong number, apologize.
9. When the number you are calling is not answered quickly, wait long enough for someone to put aside what he or she is doing. It is very annoying to have been disturbed just to pick up the telephone and find the caller has hung up.
10. Never take a personal mobile call during a business meeting.
11. Never talk in public places
12. Don’t talk emotional in public.
13. Don’t use loud and annoying ring tones
14. Never make calls while shopping, banking or waiting in line.
15.Keep all talks brief and to the point.
16.Use an earpiece in high-traffic or noisy locations.
17. Demand “quiet zones” and “phone-free areas” at work and in public venues.
18.Never call people at odd hours. If you sleep at 2am does not means other also follow the same
19. When calling on mobile always ask if the other person is free to talk.
20. Learn to text when not in emergency.