INTERVIEW WITH SH. JOGINDER SINGH
|Name :||Shri Joginder Singh|
|Father’s Name:||Shri Mahant Kartar Singh|
|Date of Birth :||12th October 1939|
|Birth Place :||Village, Khajur wala,
|• Experience & Service background|
|• As an Author|
1. Please tell us something about yourself – background, present activities which you are involved in etc.
Ans. Joginder Singh, IPS (Retd.) Former Director, CBI, India, living at Nav Sansad Vihar, CGHS, Sector 22, Dwarka, New Delhi 110075. As a student was selected for the Indian Police Service at the age of 20 and chose the then Mysore State (now called Karnataka) in 1961 Started with Superintendent of Police, Bidar District.
Has led a number of Indian delegations abroad to UK, USA , Germany , France , Japan , South Korea , Singapore , Indonesia , Australia , New Zealand , Iran , UAE, Hongkong , Switzerland , and a number of other countries. Now with the DAV Educational Movement: – President of the Management Committee of Giani Gurbux Singh DAV College in JalalabadElected life Member of the DAV Management Committee, New Delhi managing DAV Institutions all over the countryVice President of DAV Management Committee, which manages about 700 educational institutions, including schools, college and professional institutions all over the country. Professional Achievement: Conferred the award of Panth Rattan, Delhi Rattan and “Punjabian DI Shan”. He has also been conferred the Millennium Sikh Gold Award. He has also been conferred Shaheed Bhagat Singh Sadbhavana Award, as well as numerous other awards. See other links for more details.
2. As you know, it has been since long time that the innocent residents of Dwarka are suffering because of the long-pending CGHS housing scam. DwarkaParichay.com also has been receiving a lot of messages enquiring the present status of this issue. They are desperately seeking solution to this now long-pending problem. What in your opinion is the main hurdle in resolving this problem?
How it can be resolved the fastest?
Ans. About the CGHS Scam, I would feel that it is an excuse by the authorities not to take decision even in the cases of those not involved in it. Affected people should use RTI to expose inefficiency.
3. The other major concern for the residents is their safety and security. What precautionary steps would you like to suggest in this regards?
Ans. Since most of the people are living in cooperative societies, people should not stint on employing good security agencies, secondly, they should keep handy emergency phone numbers. Senior citizens and ladies should move in a group of at least three to four. They should use good quality locks and keep valuables in lockers.
4. To be able to maintain high literacy level of Dwarka as a sub city, a library must be provided to the literate intellectuals ranging from experienced teachers, journalists, bureaucrats, technocrats and other professionals residing in Dwarka. To whom can we approach for this?
Ans. Contact Deputy Mayor for various developments in Dwarka. If you need my help in this regard, inform me.
5. DwarkaParichay.com has sent a Memorandum to various authorities highlighting the problems relating to supply of water, electricity, medical facilities, library, shortage of properly maintained parks and parking space etc. Parichay_memorandum.doc What further action would you like to suggest in this regard?
Ans. ABOUT MEMORANDUM, TAKE UP ONE PROBLEM A MONTH AND CHASE IT THOROUGHLY RIGHT UPTO THE TOP.
6. Any message/ suggestion for a better Dwarka?
Ans. People from different states, religion etc. are living in Dwarka. Most of the people are thinking only about themselves. They should spare some time to think for the better Dwarka. They should enjoy the meetings, functions etc. together.
7. Your views about DwarkaParichay.com?
Ans. DWARKA PARICHAY HAS MADE A GOOD BEGINNING. KEEP IT UP.
( Source: Dwarka Parichay News & Information services )