Dwarka Parichay has always been in the forefront, as far as education and educational issues are concerned. It has always been Dwarka Parichay’s endeavour, to highlight students’ issues, and promote and encourage students, particularly of our sub-city Dwarka. Dwarka Parichay organizes several programmes where talents, hard work and achievements of deserving students are recognized. Such students are awarded with attractive prizes and awards. It is Dwarka Parichay’s firm belief and conviction, that it is the students of today who will make our Society and our country, a better place to live in. With this belief, Dwarka Parichay has been addressing the core issues of students for several years, in an attempt to give them the competitive edge that they need to excel anywhere in the world. With this in mind, we introduce our students to Indian Talent Olympiad, which will hone their skills further and make them more confident to stand out in a crowd.
Olympiad exams are highly competitive exams introduced to students from class 1 to 10. There are several Olympiad organizations conducting such examinations. Indian Talent Olympiad is a leading center, providing quality learning. Headquartered in Mumbai, this organization is associated with 33,175 + schools pan India. It has a strong student base of over 1 Crore students, and has felicitated 2,00,000 + class toppers and awarded 7000 + scholarships to deserving candidates. To know more visit https://www.indiantalent.org/.
Indian Talent Olympiad is blessed to have Honourable Madam P.T. Usha, Queen of Indian Tracks, as Chief Advisor. Being an Olympian champion, Arujna awardee and Padmashree awardee herself, she understands the spirit and true value of competition. She believes that children must be made to compete at national and international platforms, so that they become confident, to face challenges. Headed by Ms. Madhumati M, who leads a team of qualified professionals, the center has stalwarts from different walks of life. The Advisory Committee consists of panel of IAS Officers, IIM Gold Medalists, Vice Chancellors and Project Managers from reputed Corporate Firms.
Olympiad exams offer several benefits to participants. Based on school curriculum, it acts as additional practice for students. The syllabus is based on CBSE, ICSE and State Board. Examinations are conducted using Multiple Choice format, with only objective questions for all classes. The number of questions and the level of difficulty depends on the class in which the student belongs to. For instance, students from class 1 to class 4 are asked 35 questions within 65 minutes; and those from class 5 to class 10 are asked 50 questions within the same time limit. The question paper is divided into three sections – Subjective, High Order of Thinking and Logical Reasoning.
What are the benefits for students who participate in Olympiads?
- Critical thinking: The questions asked in Olympiads inspire students to think in different ways. It assists them to apply the concepts taught in class to real-life problems.
- Confidence: Students who compete with one another at national/international levels always perform better than others. It builds self-confidence to face any competitive examinations in their career.
- Motivation: Olympiad exams help students to focus on precision and accuracy. Participants are self-motivated to perform better each time in every exam conducted by Indian Talent Olympiad.
- Memory power: Students apply analytical thinking to questions asked in Olympiads. Participants are involved in several brainstorming activities, which in turn sharpens and strengthens their memory. This increases retention power.
- Additional knowledge: Olympiad exams do not focus on rote-learning mechanisms, rather, they ignite minds. Students explore topics taught in class and learn multiple ways to solve questions, thus gain additional insight on several topics.
- Advance Preparation: As and when students attain a certain age, they invariably attempt several entrance exams. Olympiads form the base for preparing for such exams in the future.
- Logical reasoning: Logical reasoning being one of the most important segment of Olympiads, students improve their analytical abilities. It opens new dimensions for varied thought-processes.
Subjects for Olympiads
- International Science Olympiad (ISO)
- International Maths Olympiad (IMO)
- English International Olympiad (EIO)
- General Knowledge International Olympiad (GKIO)
- International Drawing Olympiad (IDO)
- International Computer Olympiad (ICO)
- National Essay Olympiad (NESO)
- National Social Studies Olympiad (NSSO)
Olympiad Books/Sample Papers
Indian Talent Olympiad has a team of talented professionals and subject matter experts who design content for Olympiad books. These are available on https://www.indiantalent.org/olympiad-books/. The books are rich with chapter-wise questions with answers, and explanations to correct answers. Students can inculcate good reading habit through these books as they are informative as well as interesting to read. Participants believe that these books help them to prepare for school exams too. After all, Olympiad exams are based entirely on school syllabus. Teachers also recommend students to practice as many questions as possible from these books, so that they are well prepared to answer tricky questions.
Apart from Olympiad books, Indian Talent Olympiad also provides Question Paper sets of previous years. These can be ordered fromhttps://www.indiantalent.org/olympiad-books/olympiad-sample-papers/ . The sample papers have proven to be extremely useful to students, as they understand paper pattern, type of questions asked, and marks allotted per question. The question papers also have answers at the end for students to check the correct answers. It becomes very easy for students to resonate with correct answers when they are provided with proper explanations.
Online Olympiads and Weekly Test Series
Indian Talent Olympiad conducts Weekly Test Series – Online Olympiads conducted every 2nd and 4th Saturday. These are also known as Student Test at Home. Participants can take part in any subject of their choice from the comforts of their home. All they need is a smartphone/tablet to get started. To register for Online Olympiads, please click https://www.indiantalent.org/olympiad-student-tests/ and register yourself before the Final Exam.
Schools are welcome to be a part of Indian Talent Olympiad, and enable their students to be part of India’s most prestigious exams. These exams develop love for subjects, boost confidence and improve academic score of participants. To register your school, please visit https://www.indiantalent.org/olympiad-exam-registration. Indian Talent Olympiad believes that today’s children are tomorrow’s future, and offers the best platform to improve education in our country.
Scholarships provided by Indian Talent Olympiad
Indian Talent Olympiad believes that talent can be nurtured from a young age, only when children are provided right guidance. Therefore, it recognizes students’ effort and rewards them accordingly. Some of the scholarship offered are:
- National Rank 1 Rs 1,00,000 for 8 Students
- National Rank 2 Rs 40,000 for 10 Students
- National Rank 3 Laptops for 10 Students
- National Rank 4 Tablets for 10 Students
- State Rank 1 to 10 Scholarships of Rs 4,000 to 200 Students
- State Rank 11 to 25 Excellence Awards and Medals
Indian Talent Olympiad also provides scholarships on the Online Olympiads being conducted. These can be won every month. Top 40 students are rewarded with scholarships of Rs 1,00,000 for classes 1 to 10. This award is distributed to 40 students. Class-wise student toppers are felicitated with Tablets. Students who rank 2nd, 3rd and 4th are awarded scholarships of Rs 500, Rs 300 and Rs 200 respectively. No matter how big or small the scholarship amount, it instills great sense of pride in winners. For more details on the scholarship program, please get in touch with Indian Talent Olympiad personally, or on toll-free number 1800 266 9192.
Indian Talent Olympiad is probably the only organization in our country that has come a long way since inception. It works with only one motive – overall development of all children. Olympiad exams develop cognitive abilities in participants from a young age and act as catalyst, to make students excel in academics. They prepare students to take-over the ever competitive world. Get in touch with us for more details on Olympiads.