In Love with Nature
Created a photo feature on Nature titled, “Images emerging on Trees” depicting a new and different perspective of life bestowed upon Mankind by Mother Nature duly acclaimed by Nature lovers, professional photographers and general public.
Organised three photo exhibitions within eight months, titled,
• “Kaleidoscope of Life” on 25 th and 26 th September, 2010 at MBS International School, Sector XI, Dwarka.
• “Tryst with Nature” on 20th and 21st February, 2010 at Gulmohar Park during Annual Fruit, Vegetable and Flower Shows organised by All India Kitchen Garden Association (Regd).
“Images emerging on Trees” on 7th February, 2010 at Dwarka International School during Udyan Mela organised by Dwarka Chapter of All India Kitchen Garden Association (Regd).
Participated in number of Photography competitions of national level, like, the 2nd National Photographic Competition – 2008 on the theme : Tribals : Forest Dwellers – organised by Photo Division of Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
Landscaping and value addition of commercially unusable portion of land at Steel Authority of India Limited located at :-
• Corporate HQ, Ispat Bhawan, Lodhi Road, New Delhi.
• Warehouses at Guldhar (Ghaziabad), Ballabhgarh (Faridabad) and Tughlakabad (Delhi).
• Residential complex at Sector-21 C, Faridabad.
Landscaping and value addition for :-
• Urivi Vikram National Centre for Adolescents, Sector 22, Dwarka.
• Senior Citizens’ Home (Godhuli), Sector 3, Dwarka.
Lending advisory expertise for horticulture and water harvesting work to Social Development Welfare Society, Sector 7, Dwarka, New Delhi.
Landscaping plan of specified locations of Delhi Cantonment submitted to Delhi Area Headquarter of Indian Army and Delhi Cantonment Board.
Involved in a number of horticulture related projects for last six years. Voluntarily looking after the horticulture related work at Ispatika Apartments, Sector 4, Plot No. 29, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078. Carried out a survey of each and every plant/tree and necessary remedial steps wherever required.
Associating with leading schools in Dwarka for promotion of green cause through lectures / presentations / photo shows.
Projects to be undertaken
• Experimental planting of hedging qualities of Bougainvillea at specified locations in Dwarka to alternately develop different kinds of flowery and colourful hedges.
• Landscaping of strategic locations at Dwarka.
Organising Udyan Mela in Dwarka during winter moths every year.
• Established Dwarka Photographers’ Forum (Sept, 2010).
• Organised World Environment Day celebrations at Ispatika Apartments on 6th June, 2010. The programme included launch of Eco-Ispatika, an Eco Club for children and elders residing at Ispatika, plantation of 35 trees in Ispatika and a sit-and-draw competition for the children. The above activities were carried out in the presence of Dr. S S Sindhu, Hony. Secy., Bougainvillea Society of India, Shri Prem Singh, Asstt. Director (Hort) and Shri Subhash Chand, S O (Hort) from DDA.
• Organised a week long Yoga training camp for the residents of Ispatika Apartments attended by a large number of residents in May, 2010.
• Organised Udyan Mela, the first ever flower show in Dwarka at Dwarka International School, Sector 12, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078 (Feb 10) – a trend setter in spreading awareness about the multiple options available in Gardening, e.g., hanging baskets, tray gardening, terrace gardening, landscaping, wall scaping etc.
• Established Dwarka Chapter of All India Kitchen Garden Association and nominated as Convener
• Organised Gardenia ’09 – the first ever flower show in Dwarka at Ispatika Apartments, Sector 4, Plot No. 29, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078 (Feb 09).
• Established first full-fledged Nursery in any Society in Dwarka at Ispatika Apartments, Sector 4, Plot No. 29, Dwarka, New Delhi-110078 (Feb 08).
• Nominated as a Lead Member of the Environment Committee for Vishwas Nagar constituency constituted by Shri Alok Kumar, the then MLA of the area (1994).
• Organised one day workshop on “Understanding Nature” as a Lead Member of the Environment Committee at Badhkal Lake, Faridabad (1994).
• Established Ispat Cooperative Group Housing Society Limited in 1983. Land allotted in 1997. Construction completed in 2000. 195 families are enjoying peaceful living.
The Count so far ….
• The endeavour so far has resulted in planting of nearly 1100 trees in different campaigns at Chitrakoot DDA MIG Flats and Govt. Senior Secondary School, Loni Road Shahdara and Dwarka, individually, in association with like minded people, involving children and Horticulture Division of DDA and MCD.
Spirit of organising gardens and related activities have come from my sporting talents :-
• Organised and played active cricket at school, college, office and club levels.
• Played Hockey, Football, Badminton, Table Tennis and Carrom.
• Delhi-Aligarh-Delhi – approx 300 kms in three days (1976).
• Delhi-Chandigarh-Delhi – approx 550 kms in six days (1978) sponsored by Youth Hostel Association of India.
• Took students of DPS Mathura Road for a cycling trip from Delhi to Badhkal Lake and back sponsored by Youth Hostel Association of India.
• Took a cycling trip from Delhi to Sohna and back sponsored by Youth Hostel Association of India.
Contribution through print media :-
Articles written by self :-
• “ How much Green do we Need ” published on 11-9-2010 in Dwarka City”.
• “ A Tribute to Mother Nature ” published on 12-6-2010 in My Times – Dwarka edition of The Times of India.
Articles written by Media about my activities
• “Green thumbs inc.” published on 14-10-2010 in Hindustan Times, Dwarka Connect.
• “Freezing the colours of Mother Nature” in issue No. 47 (Oct, 2010) of Dwarka City.
• “Photographers Forum inaugurates its “Nature” base exhibition” published on 26-9-2010 in Dwarka edition of City Plus of Dainik Jagran.
• “The open spaces in e sub-city are a big draw” published on 25-9-2010 in HT Live – West Delhi.
• “ Drawing room me hi Haryali Le aaye Datta ” published on 9-6-2010 in Jagran City.
• “ The Green Brigade ” published on 5-6-2010 in West Delhi Plus issue of The Hindustan Times.
• “ Green tinge in a highrise ” published in May, 2010 in West Delhi Plus issue of The Hindustan Times. • “ He wants to see Dwarka on top of greenery charts ” published in April, 2010 in City Plus issue of Dainik Jagran.
• “ How Green is my Dwarka ” published on 27-6-2009 in Dwarka Plus issue of The Times of India.
• “ Colouring it Green ” published on 2-6-2009 in Dwarka Plus issue of The Times of India.
• Working with Steel Authority of India Limited
Membership of Professional Bodies (Life Member of) :-
• All India Kitchen Garden Association – Convenor – Dwarka Chapter.
• Bougainvillea Society of India.
• Delhi Agri-Horticultural Society.Rose Society of India.
• Dwarka Photographers Forun – Convenor
Click for detailed profile of P K Datta
Note: Personalities & professionals can send their detail/ experiences to Editorial Team for publishing at Dwarka Parichay
to e-mail: email@example.com