POLICE WATCH INDIA (Regd. NGO)
The undersigned over the past has been meeting & interacting with Retired Police Officers most of whom have retired as DGPs & COMMISSIONERS besides keeping a watchful eye on them specifically with respect to the treatment that is meted out to them by others including serving Police Officers, and his findings in this regard are spelt out in this News Letter. In all probability the findings may not be palatable to you and/or to your taste but it is for sure you will yourself realize the bitter truth in them soon as you are also nearing retirement.
As admitted by these Retired Police Officials in private and as keenly observed by the undersigned, some of the findings are as follows :-
1. In the first few months of their retirement their visits to those with whom they have been working have an element of welcome attitude but with each passing visit their presence in the offices and residences of such serving Police Officers proves to be burdensome and unwanted and they start getting the signals that they are becoming a source of nuisance and are as such unwelcome.
2. It has been observed that, the situation at the residences & offices of the so-called friends & relatives of such retired Police Officers is the same vis-à-vis their erstwhile but presently serving colleagues.
3. It has also been observed that those who used to wish & salute the retired Police Officials at the Drop of the Hat while they were serving prefer to avoid their presence post-retirement.
3. On being asked by the undersigned of these retired Police Officials if in their entire service tenure whether they had really done any good to anyone, the reply was, yes. On being asked further to identify such people it came to light that almost all the people that were identified were either Politicians or those with strong Political Connections or the Wealthy High & Mighty or those from whom these retired Police Officials stood to benefit materially or at the most in some cases they had helped their Close Friends & Relatives. BUT DEFINITELY NEVER HAD THAY HELPED ANY “AAM ADMI” OR “AAM AURAAT”.
4. It has also been found out by the undersigned that all of these retired DGPs & COMMISSIONERs and other retired Senior Police Officials had Secured the future of their children by way of accumulating lot of ill-gotten wealth as well as by getting their children Lucrative Jobs both in the Government Sector & the Private Sector. Many of these retired Police Officials have DESPATCHED BY HAWALA MEANS BOTH THEIR CHILDREN & THEIR ILL-GOTTEN WEALTH TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES.
5. The Tragic Travesty with the lives of most of these retired Police Officials, as found out by the undersigned is, that with passage of time even the children, their spouses & their children starting shunning and avoiding their presence & intrusions, even over the phone.
6. Fortunately the undersigned, after much hunting exercise, was able to locate one retired Senior Police Officer who even today i.e. after many years of retirement was well loved and respected by all purely for the reason of his genuinely humane working not only during his entire tenure but also post-retirement. WE FROM “POLICE WATCH INDIA” FROM THE BOSSOM OF OUR HEARTS SALUTE SUCH “TRUE POLICE OFFICERS”. The best part is that the Children & Grand Children of this Retired Police Officer are extremely well-off professionally that too solely on the basis of their personal merits.
OUR SINCERE ADVICE TO ONE & ALL IS TO EMULATE THE EXAMPLE AS NARRATED IN (6) ABOVE AND START LOVING THE “AAM AADMI” i.e. THE COMMON MAN AS IT IS ALWAYS THE “AAM AADMI” WHO IS AT THE RECEIVING END, JUST BECAUSE HE IS LAW ABIDING.
YOU WILL OBSERVE WITH PASSAGE OF TIME THAT YOU WILL NOT ONLY BE RESPECTED & REGARDED BY THE “AAM AADMI” BUT LOVED & REVERED TOO BY HIM AND HE WOULD READY TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU & THAT’S FOR SURE.