“The world suffers a lot. Not because of the violence of bad people, But because of the silence of good people!”- Napoleon
There is no point in just saying “I Love my India” , raise your voice for right demands.
Anna Hazare sat on fast unto death on 5th April 2011
He demanded enactment of a strong anti-corruption law – Jan Lokpal Bill – to ensure swiftness and certainty of punishment to the corrupt.
|Anna Hazare after 5 days fast
Anna Hazare proved that his fast has a great impact on the deaf ears of Government of India, when the Govt. was forced to bow before the wishes of people of India with 4 days accepting the strength of people’s power.
For your kind information last time when Anna sat on fast –
• 6 corrupt ministers in Maharashtra had to resign
• 400 corrupt officers were dismissed from job
• 2002 – Maharashtra RTI Act was passed
• 2006 – Central Government withdrew its proposal to amend Central RTI Act
Now Anna has gone on fast for immediate approval and implementation of Jan Lokpal Bil instead of the ill drafted Lok Pal Bill 2010.
JAN LOKPAL BILL will act as deterrent and instill fear in the minds of corrupt people and we got the results
Salient features of Jan Lokpal Bill
Drafted by Justice Santosh Hegde, Prashant Bhushan and Arvind Kejriwal, this Bill has been refined on the basis of feedback received from public on website and after series of public consultations. It has also been vetted by and is supported by Shanti Bhushan, J M Lyngdoh, Kiran Bedi, Anna Hazare etc. It was sent to the PM and all CMs on 1st December. The sailent feature of the Bills are:
1. An institution called LOKPAL at the centre and LOKAYUKTA in each state will be set up
2. Like Supreme Court and Election Commission, they will be completely independent of the governments. No minister or bureaucrat will be able to influence their investigations.
3. Cases against corrupt people will not linger on for years anymore. Investigations in any case will have to be completed in one year. Trial should be completed in next one year so that the corrupt politician, officer or judge is sent to jail within two years.
4. The loss that a corrupt person caused to the government will be recovered at the time of conviction.
5. How will it help a common citizen: If any work of any citizen is not done in prescribed time in any government office, Lokpal will impose financial penalty on guilty officers, which will be given as compensation to the complainant.
6. So, you could approach Lokpal if your ration card or passport or voter card is not being made or if police is not registering your case or any other work is not being done in prescribed time. Lokpal will have to get itdone in a month’s time. You could also report any case of corruption to Lokpal like ration being siphoned off, poor quality roads been constructed or panchayat funds being siphoned off. Lokpal will have to complete its investigations in a year, trial will be over in next one year and the guilty will go to jail within two years.
7. But won’t the government appoint corrupt and weak people as Lokpal members? That won’t be possible because its members will be selected by judges, citizens and constitutional authorities and not by politicians, through a completely transparent and participatory process.
8. What if some officer in Lokpal becomes corrupt? The entire functioning of Lokpal/ Lokayukta will be completely transparent. Any complaint against any officer of Lokpal shall be investigated and the officerdismissed within two months.
9. What will happen to existing anti-corruption agencies? CVC, departmental vigilance and anti-corruption branch of CBI will be merged into Lokpal. Lokpal will have complete powers and machinery to independently investigate and prosecute any officer, judge or politician.
WHAT WE SHOULD DO NOW:
1. Remain awaken all the times to come as the Govt. of the day is master in diluting the issues according to its whims and fancies.
2. Remain united and listen to the call of Anna Hazare to act promptly if the Bill is not passed or implemented on or before 15th August, 2011 as declared by Anna today.
3. Take an oath not to pay a single penny as bribe to any one whatever may be the consequences.
4. Join the united forum against corruption formed under the leadership of Anna Hazare
ASHOK KUMAR , PRESIDENT
RAJENDER ARYA, GENERAL SECREARY
For & on behalf of :
ASSOCIATON OF SUFFERING MEMBERS OF COOPERATIVE GROUP HOUSING SOCIETIES NEW DELHI (Regd.)
Know how to CONTROL CORRUPTION…
CORRUPTION is inside or outside…