Mg. Editor-Dwarka Parichay
Interview of Sh. Sushil Kumar, General Secretary- Dwarka Forum by S.S.Dogra, Mg. Editor-Dwarka Parichay (email@example.com). Sh. Sushil Kumar talked about the achievements of Dwarka Forum in the year 2011.
Q.1.How many members are there in Dwarka Forum till date?
Ans. We have around 3500 members with us.
Q. List of Executive Members of your forum.
Ans. We have Governing Body Members Rejimon CK, President, Rajiv Solanki, Vice President ,Sushil Kumar, General Secretary,Anil Nayal, Treasurer, Anoop Rohera, Joint Secretary ,Ashok Chaitanta, Joint Secretary, M K Gupta, Joint Secretary,Sudha Iyer, Joint Secretary,Sunil Sareen, Joint Secretary,Subhash Kanti, Governing Body Member,V S Bisht, Governing Body Member,Mr.Anil Rajput Governing Body Member, & Ms.Madhuri Governing Body Member.
General Secretary-Dwarka Forum
a) Removal / standardization of speed Breakers from Dwarka Palam Flyover b)Organised first ever public interaction with DDA,MCD,DP
C) Able to force DDA for making arrangement of parking in Sector-10
D) Successfully organized self defense training programme for women empowerment
E) Take lead in issuing police advisory to curb crime in Dwarka.
F) CCTV Camera’s in Sector 6 and 10 markets
G) Organised seminar on RTI with Information Commissioner.
H) Took lead in cleaning the sub-city by pressuring MCD and its contractor.
We believe in raising issues for the betterment of Dwarka which affects the residents at large.
Our Moto– Don’t just complaint but suggest alternatives, how can we do the same thing better. Don’t be a part of the problem but be a part of the solution as well.We believe in consistency and we will ensure that this momentum to be continued for ever.
Q. Future planning of your organisation for 2012.
Ans. Our efforts will continue to make our sub-city safe and clean. We will be articulating all our demand to all concerned authorities including representatives to make things happen. However our main focus will be on Water supply, Cleanness, Law and order, Unification of Dwarka and 100% voter registration.
Q.No. of RTI filed by your organisation in the year 2011.
Ans. RTI Filled till date over 250 RTI applications.
Q.Name of the authority(Individuals) that respond you well.
Ans. We receive response from almost all the authorities to whom we approach, but response from Shri Rajesh Gehlot was and is always spontaneous and very approachable and available all the time.
Q. Name of the authority (Individuals) that did not respond you well.
Ans. MCD is known for that. DDA . Though the CE does give information but at the ground level things don’t change.
|Dwarka Forum Team|
Q.Individual efforts (achievements) of any of your executive member.
Ans. In our family all members are important and whatever little we have achieved is something to be proud of collectively. Individual brilliance is good but the team work is most important.
Q. No. of activity in Dwarka.
· CCTV installation of Sector 6/10 Market
· The Traffic bottleneck of Dwarka- Palam Road with UTTIPEC/DDA and Delhi Traffic Police to close the IOC Junction.
· Parking issue of the Sector 6/10 Market resolved by identifying a plot behind Shankuntala Apartment, sector 10.
· The redesign of Samalkha Junction at Dwarka Link road in consultation with UTTIPEC/PWD/DDA initiated.
· Instrumental in getting Dwarka Police Station and increases in the staff for better policing
· Held meeting with MCD Commissioner on Sanitation issues
· Held a Police Public meet with ACP
· Working with DCP, Traffic to improve traffic chaos
· Working with PWD on Dwarka Link road re-laid following RTI and improvement further are on Samalkha Junction smoothening traffic flow.
· Working with NHAI on improvement of NH8 bottleneck and E-way issues
· Working with DDA flyover division on Dwarka Sector 22 underpass
· Working with DDA for parking allotment in various markets and encroachment
· Working with LG and his office for various encroachment and security issues in public places
· Regular interaction with CMO on various projects and issues of Dwarka
· Interaction with area MLA and Councilors
· Working with health department to expedite the hospital projects in Dwarka
· Working with DMRC for better Metro frequency
· Installation of street lights on service lanes by BSES
· Organized Candle light march against Terrorism
· Filled over 250 RTI applications
· Highlighting the Underpass water logging problem and finding permanent solution
· DF is working closely with authorities for pollution control. DF attended the meeting with DIAL official to push the matter with the Govt. and bring legislation to monitor pollution level
· Regular follow up with DTC resulted in increasing the number of buses and new routes.
· Regular interaction with BSES on Power cuts and maintenance of street lights.
· Regular contact/interaction with Electronic and Print Media in getting highlighted problems faced by the
Q. What is your membership campaign drive in Dwarka.
Ans. We are trying to widen our membership by contacting RWA/CGHS of Dwarka as in our view office bearers of these bodies are the representatives of the public residing therein. By acquiring their membership our forum will be the real voice of the public at large so far as Dwarka is concerned.
Q. Is there any toll free/contact no. of Dwarka Forum to register Public complaint with your organisation.
Ans. We are not a complaint centre to lodge a complaint. Our aim is to create awareness amongst the public at large about civic rights and duty. However, we help people in providing the information and by guiding them to the appropriate authorities to resolve issues and at times we do take them forward and address it to the relevant authorities. We do take up many issues ourselves which is for the large concern to the public at large. You can see the latest development/ issues/ events of dwarka at
In case anyone wishes to approach us they may write us on:- firstname.lastname@example.org