in our Dwarka Forum group:
Some of the comments/ suggestions by members are:
* There must be some CIRCULAR SERVICE to help residents to reach METRO in all Sectors. The lowfloor AC bus would be ideal for Dwarka. Even though it may not be profitable for DTC(normally a resident in Sect 22 pay over Rs.10 just to reach Sect 9 Metro by Rikshaw). However for public transport with time it will come up for profit and it will help the country in reducing spending in OIL by reducing private transport.
4. Connecting service with Metro Station with Domestic/International Airport.
6. The RTV are a Mess and not suitable for Dwarka as it name suggest(RURAL TRANSPORT VEHICLE).
7. There must be connecting service towards South Delhi (Nehruplace/Vasant Kunj/Bikaji/Dhaula Kuan) and West & South West.
8. The Depots in Palam/Manglapuri must be moved to Dwarka, where I beleive DDA/Govt NCT Delhi already alloted plot and no action from DTC So far.
* I prefer the following two Route for the following locations
(1) Dwarka to Nehru Place / Okhla / Noida
As we have only one bus route for Nehru Place ie. 764 which over crowded all the times.
(2) Dwarka to AIIMS / Lajpat Nagar / Noida
In the route also we have only one bus route for Palam to Nehru Stadium i.e. 727.
* There is a requirement of Mini Mudrika type feeder service linking all the Sectors or closer to them for connectivity to Shopping complexes etc. Say starting from Sector 1 going towards Sect 4/5 then on to Sect 14 /coming towards 13,12,11,19,18 ,22,23,9,10,6/7 etc.
Once a person gets down from Metro he/she should also be able to utilise DTC Buses within Dwarka.There may be a service to Link South Delhi and on to Hazrat Nizammudin Station via Lajpat Nagar Market.
*I am sure many would benefit from a route covering Dwarka to RK Puram, Bhikaji Cama etc. to cover many office goers both private and Govt. as there is large no. of offices in this zone.
Another service up to Nehru Place / Lajpat Nagar via AIIMS etc. would be also useful.
1) Circular Service – proposed route
Say starting from Sector 22(last Metro station) going towards sec-9 through bharat vandana park, To sec-6-10 market through shiksha Bharti school, right to main road, left towards aashirwad chowk,
— — back through nearby metro rail —
2) Dwarka – Sarojini Nagar
Dwarka – CGO lodhi road
Dwarka – BCP
You can see for point no 6 in the Memorandum:
6) Requirement of sheds at bus-stops and public transport within Dwarka –
Though the residents of Dwarka and Palam got respite due to the newly constructed palam flyover, several times the commuters have fainted at the bus stops waiting for the bus in the scorching summer heat and sun.
The sheds are either in dilapidated condition or missing. This needs addressal and corrective action on priority basis.
Also the commuting transport services for intra-Dwarka are missing or very few resulting in over-crowded RTVs which are dangerous especially to the children, senior citizens and ladies. Although metro has provided some reprieve but the unscrupulous rikshawallas fleece the naïve commuters even for taking them a few kms from the metro station to their destinations.
Dwarka – CP route is ok due to the arrival of metro.
But Nazafgarh – Dwarka – Nehru Place route require proper
Even though the frequency of route no 764 is 5-10 min in office hour, it is very difficult to get into the bus. Sometimes wait for 3-4 overcrowded buses to pass to just get in. DTC official should see these buses in office hours to get concrete solutions. They can easily observe the pathetic condition of commuters.
-cut short the route to Dwarka- NP or Dwarka-IIT or Dwarka- BCP
for some buses.
-more buses in office hours
-Some chartered/ RTV buses charge Rs25/- for Dwaka-NP route.
so DTC can run A/C buses @Rs 15/– and can earn big profits.
* Good option. It is is a private transportation service, funded solely by
commercial property owners.
In Dwarka there are thousands of property dealers,
they can easily contribute and support this System.
Pl check for the feasibility.
We can have battery operated RTVs in circular routes.
can have monthly/ yearly subscription passes…
* We are talking of a Unified service from Dwarka. For residents of Sector 22 and 23, and those who are going to New Custom House(NCH) or Airport for their work there is great problem as the Road from the Railway Gate at Shahbad Mohmadpur will be closed shortly due to airport expansion work.
In view of the above there must be DTC connections which will connect these places through the Under Pass.
Would be highly obliged if we can do something in this regard. I am ready to contribute in this endeavour as many of my Friends are affected.
You can refer the link for detailed discussion:
Hope you will take up all suggestions with positive attitude and do
the needful for a BETTER DWARKA.
We all will appreciate your kind perusal.
Thanks & Regards,
Dwarka Parichay Team
I would like to bring one more details to the notice that 80 % of Sectors do not have bus connectivity at all. There is no connectivity to Gurgaon except from Sector 6 & 10 crossing and Sector 9. What will the other Sector people do to get that far?
Note: Majority of the Dwarkates are working in Gurgaon 🙁
I would like to endorse the above stated need for a better west-east connection. Through the metro and busses like line RL77 Dwarka is well connected with the north/centre. However getting to a place like Nehru Place is a nightmare as the only available bus 764 is always crowded, even outside rush hours.