Gynae Forum of IMA Dwarka celebrated Mother”s Day as a part of Delhi Medical Association campaign.
Free examination of ladies were done by gynaecologist at 6 centers in Dwarka on 8th May (which included free general exam, free antenatal exam, free breast exam and some tests and ultrasound were done at reduced rates). Dr Anupama Khanna Chairperson of gynae forum said purpose of these camp on this day is to give following messages to the mothers or mothers to be :
• EAT A BALANCED NOUTRICIOUS DIET
• GET A REGULAR HEALTH CHECKUP WHICH INCLUDES SCREENING FOR ANEMIA, SCREENING FOR OSTEOPOROSIS, AND SCREENING FOR CERVICAL CANCER.
• TO TEACH SELF BREAST EXAMINATION
• TO EMPHASIZE THE IMPORTANCE OF REGULAR ANTENATAL CHECKUPS
• DELIVERY OF CHILD SHOULD BE IN HOSPITAL ONLY.
• SPACING OF AT LEAST 3 YRS BETWEEN CHILDREN.
• FAMILY PLANNING
• TIMELY IMMUNIZATION OF CHILDREN
• EXCLUSIVE BREAST FEEDINGOF CHILDREN FOR 6 MONTHS
In the afternoon a lecture was organized for all the lady doctors by Dr Anupama Khanna. Around 40 doctors attended the lecture. On 9th a programme was organised at MAMC Auditorium by Delhi Medical Association in which some renowned lady doctors of Delhi were honoured. Dr Anupama Khanna of Dwarka also received the honour for her outstanding work in this field.