What is Meditation
Meditation is universal. It transcends all divides like religion, country and culture. It is a gift given to mankind to access the infinite sprit not limited by any identity. It is the only tool that can aid a person to return to innocence.
Modern life style has high exposure to anger, hate, fear and other negative emotions. These human emotions have a high tendency to duplicate and spread. For example, when a person gets cheated, he starts to suspect everything around him. This also has an impact on people around him. These emotions form strong impressions and opinions on an individual and social level. The result of which is an insecure individual and an unstable society.
Meditation helps an individual overcome these emotions to facilitate a calm peaceful mind and a healthy and stress free body. Upon daily practice an individual will blossom into an unshakable personality. With increase in the number of people who are clam, peaceful and healthy will facilitate a social transformation, enabling a society that is trusting, happy and content.
Benefits of Meditation
Individual Benefits of Meditation
· Bodily Benefits – Lower Blood Pressure,lowers the levels of blood lactate, improves the immune system, increases body vitality, controls insomnia and increases overall health of the body
· Mental Benefits – Emotional stability, anxiety decreases, anger reduces,happiness increases, intuition develops, clarity and peace of mind, induces ability to focus, reduces tension and fear.
· Spiritual Growth – Consciousness evolves,meditation brings harmony in creation, personal transformation, realization of SELF
Social Benefits of Meditation
· Violence Free Society – Meditation develops happiness, contentment and calmness. When increasing number of people practice meditation, it has a calming effect on the environment. This is a potent way to achieve a violence free society.
· Value Based Society – The effects of meditation include happiness, respect for the environment and others, appreciation of diversity in nature, a strong sense of social values. These qualities an individual level, helps develop a value based social system.
· Trusting, Happy and Content Society – These are the objectives of any society. Meditation empowers a society to achieve these qualities.