An aspirant as he makes progress in his spiritual path begins to experience varieties of spiritual experiences. The seeker who has established himself in purity, self control and concentration of mind can perceive the experiences which are beyond the explanation by five senses; mind and intellect are known as mystical or spiritual experiences.
Spiritual experiences and visions are the faint glimpses of supreme consciousness. The visions or experiences serves as milestones of progress on the path of spirituality. There are certain signs by which an aspirant’s progress in spiritual path can be ascertained they are:
- The seeker can sense or experience the subtle essence of earth, air, fire, water and ether by his five senses. He can enjoy heavenly fragrances, flavor, sound and touch by concentrating on his five senses.
- Experience the state of eternal bliss.
- Upsurge of great current in one’s solar plexus, it is felt like an erupting volcano.
- Vision of inner light is experienced.
- The object of concentration becomes clearer, real and distinct for the seeker.
- Spiritual dreams and dreamless sleep are experienced.
Experience of spiritual emotions:
- Stupor [dizziness], tears, loss of consciousness, choking of voice, trembling[Shake involuntarily], paleness of complexion, horripilation[The bristling of the body hair]and perspiration [sweating]are the some spiritual emotions experienced in the path of spirituality.
- The seeker can experience one or more than one emotions at a time. When the seeker experience more than five or six spiritual emotional experiences he may lose all body consciousness.
Attainments of psychic powers:
- The power of clairvoyance, clairaudience, telepathy, hypnosis, conquest of hunger and thirst, ability to make oneself invisible, light weight, big and small are some psychic ability gained by the spiritual seeker.
- The experiences of psychic powers I serve as the milestone of progress for an aspirant giving him inspiration and self confidence.
What are false spiritual experiences?
- Not all the experiences and realizations are authentic and they cannot always give an accurate measure of seeker’s progress in the path of spirituality.
- Many spiritual experiences are merely imaginary tricks of one’s mind, self- delusion, self- deception and the conclusions obtained from the experiences in dreams and hallucinations.These pseudo perceptions may induce false spiritual experiences in the seeker.
- Outer world entities or invisible forces of fourth plane may manipulate the mind and psyche of a person, to misguide him on the path of spirituality. The seeker influenced by these entities may experience false spiritual experiences.
- These false experiences are not authentic and they do not indicate any spiritual advancement.
Who induces pseudo experiences in aspirant?
- Seeker’s own mind can induce the false spiritual experiences by self- delusion, fabrication, wrong thinking and exaggeration.
- The power full mentors/ cult-guru/ religious- teacher/tantric /kundalini yogi’s can also manipulate the spiritual experience of the seeker. The seeker may feel sudden uplift in spiritual emotions or the feeling of ecstasy in the presence of a great spiritual personality and can easily misunderstood them as his owns spiritual advancement.
- Outer world entities also known as aliens, reptalians etc can manipulate the visions, thoughts, memories, emotions of the seeker to control the seeker/world by gaining excess vital energy.
- Sexual vampires are the entities feed themselves on the life-force energy generated by sexual- activities. These entities may induce the experiences of unnatural sex, rape, elevated sexuality in the seekers in his dreams or trance state.
- Invisible entities of this plane consisting of spirits having unfulfilled desires can create illusionary spiritual experiences in an individual in order to misguide him on the path of spirituality.
- Sorcerers/vampires having higher mystical power can also manipulate the spiritual experiences.
Consequences of false or pseudo spiritual experiences:
- False spiritual experiences have a tendency to cause pride and ego in the seeker. The enhanced psychic abilities, healing power and elevated consciousness, filled the seeker with the sense of elevated self- achievement and self -fulfillment.
- The false or pseudo spiritual experiences as the result of manipulation of the dreams, thoughts and emotions of the seeker, these experiences misguide him on the real path of spirituality.
- Repeated dreams of perverted sexuality, rape, fear, hate, anger and enmity are the symptoms of pseudo-spiritual experiences induces by subtle entities.
- The seeker may fall in the false or pseudo perception of elevated consciousness, enlightenment and blessings of the desired deity’s grace. These self-satisfaction feelings do not indicate any spiritual progress.
- In the long term the false spiritual experiences induce the feeling of delusion, distress, guilt and psychosis in the seeker. Misgivings and feelings of frustration often sway his mind.
- The seeker will become bankrupt of all his spiritual earnings. In the long term with his shattered energy field the seeker may miss the Supreme -Goal.